Monday, October 8, 2007

All About Shoes

Dear All,

Since I know that Eema has been bragging about my walking skills, I thought I would tell you all a little bit about the role that shoes have come to play in my life.
I love shoes! (in this I know I take after my Eema). They are so much fun. Until I got good at walking, they really weren't all that exciting. It was mostly just annoying that Daddy and Eema would try to cram my feet into them, but I put up with it cause I love to go outside. But now everything is different - I walk everywhere, and my parents are so impressed with my toddler-ness that it's easy to trick them into taking me outside: I just go into my room and get my shoes and socks, and bring them out to Eema or Daddy. If that doesn't work, I sit down and try to put them on by myself.



That usually gets them. They say, "look how cute!" and they help me put them on and take me out for a stroll.



But actually, its not just my own shoes that are fun. Other people's shoes are really fun too, and it's easier to get them on, even though it's sometimes hard to walk in them. For example, Mike has really great shoes...






...and Daddy does too, with laces...and Eema's flip flops are kind of hard to figure out, but her sneakers are just right!




No matter where I am or what I am doing, if Daddy or Eema asks me to bring over my shoes, I hurry off to get them. Then Eema and I put my socks on together, very carefully, and I wiggle my toes a little. Then we put the shoes on. It helps to scrunch up your face a little and make grunting sounds - that helps push my feet into my shoes. Then we close up the velcro and off we go!

Off course, shoeless and naked is still a good option when my parents insist on keeping me indoors. In fact, our mirpeset (balcony) is a great compromise - I can hang around naked, yell at the people on the street below....




...and then when I'm thoroughly grimy, I get dunked in the tub!




More soon.

Love,

Noam

1 comment:

Debra Tillinger said...

There's one thing I love to wear
One thing I won't refuse
I'll sit right down upon your lap
If you'll put on my shoes
Oh my shoes
Oh my shoes
I love my shoes